SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT...
A thousand photographers are asked to shoot a portrait of the same person in the same scene. They all have access to the same equipment and the same amount of time. The vast majority will likely make acceptable but forgettable images. Some might make good reproductions of current trends, but only a few will walk away with images that are truly memorable, moving us emotionally, deepening our relationship with the subject and perhaps even challenging our idea of what a portrait can be. Why? What are they doing differently? The Possible multi-workshop is designed to help you learn and practice seeing and making images no one else ever has.
A THREE-DIMENSIONAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE...
Step inside the minds and visions of Ed Peers, Jesh de Rox & Gabe Mcclintock - three photographers known for their trendsetting imagery and their passion for sharing what they've learned. Mix and match elements and tools from their individual approaches and walk away with a clear path to cultivating a unique perspective that allows you to create imagery and tell stories that powerfully affect people.
the Possible multi-workshop concept is centered in the understanding that creative growth requires a balance of exposure to a rich variety of compelling, fresh perspectives along with hands-on guidance and exploration of what is being absorbed, helping you to put what you're learning directly into practice. Ed, Jesh & Gabe have teamed up with the goal of creating the most value-rich and impactful photographic learning experience ever offered, each in unforgettable destinations.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS...
hi, I’m Ed and I’m a destination wedding photographer based just outside of London, UK. I’m a husband and a father and am passionate about documenting life with my camera and telling a story through a photograph. For the last five years I’ve photographed weddings worldwide with the majority of weddings taking me overseas. Before wedding photography I dreamt of becoming a pilot and I went as far as completing a PhD before I realised my real passion was travelling with my camera and documenting real life. Since photographing my first wedding I’ve never looked back. Every wedding is an adventure and I can never wait to photograph the next…
1. Authentic storytelling: How to capture a wedding day as it unfolds naturally to tell authentic stories that connect with your couples and your audience.
2. Keeping yourself in a constant state of inspiration: The key in this saturated market is to be unique and keeping your source of inspiration multi-faceted is key to doing something different.
3. Curation is key: How to build a brand that connects with like-minded people and fulfils your passions.
4. Keeping things simple and efficient: A look at workflow from first enquiry right through to delivery to help achieve a balanced life.
5. Making travel + weddings work: Travelling for weddings changes the dynamic of your business - how to let it enhance what you do.
"When i say i want to photograph someone, i mean: i want to know them." - Annie Leibovitz
Like Annie, I'm fascinated with people. when I photograph someone, it's because I want to know their stories. Working in the fields of portrait, wedding, commercial and travel photography over the last 10 years has given me the opportunity to see the world, exploring the power of human connection. Along the way, I developed a technique called Moment Design that helps me quickly and easily draw out authentic, beautiful expressions from the people I photograph, allowing me to create work that has won over 100 international awards and been featured in Vogue, Elle, Rangefinder and Capture Magazine, among many others. I can't wait to share what i've learned with you.
1. How to use Moment Design to simply and easily draw out beautiful expressions from your subjects.
2. Three mistakes photographers make that prevent beautiful expressions and how to avoid them.
3. Five ways to quickly build trust with your subject.
4. Techniques on growing your clientele organically by building a business people will talk about.
5. Hands-on practices guided by Jesh that will help you master Moment Design techniques and implement them into your business
the most important thing i can share with you about me is that i married my best friend 11 years ago and am a dad to two little girls who drive me crazy, frustrate me, make me smile and laugh all on a daily basis and they are my greatest adventure. i am fascinated with human connection and love for travel. to see new places. to stand at the base of waterfalls and the edges of cliffs. to feel the heat of the sun and the cold damp fog on my skin. i have been extremely fortunate to combine my passion of photography with my love of travel and i am forever grateful to my amazing clients who put 110% of their trust in me.
1. Practices for looking inward for inspiration and growth.
2. How to attract the clients you want to attract.
3. Techniques for getting real and honest connections from your clients.
4. How to create and foster trust with the people you work with.
5. The importance of doing personal projects and shooting for yourself.
The multi-workshop begins at 8:30 am each day and is set to end around 5:00 pm, though it is wise to plan for some flexibility in your travel schedule. Participants are split into three groups who rotate to spend focused time with each instructor in a classroom setting and then in a live shoot demonstration. There is a soiree the evening of the first day to get a chance to meet and mingle with the other participants and instructors in a social setting. Location specifics for each will be supplied to participants once confirmed.
NOVEMBER 29-30, 2016 (OPENS FOR REGISTRATION AUGUST 24, 9:00 AM EST)
2 DAY PHOTOGRAPHY & MOMENT DESIGN MULTI-WORKSHOP // November 29-30, 2016 // Tortonto (first 9 registrants to sign up this way receive the gift of a mentor session worth $500)
If you prefer to use PayPal for the 1-Pay option:
POSSIBLE: TORONTO - 3 PAY (3 monthly payments of $375 USD)
POSSIBLE: TORONTO - 6 PAY (6 monthly payments of $215 USD)
MARCH 14-15, 2017 (REGISTRATION OPEN)
If you prefer to use Paypal for this 1-Pay option for San Francisco, please click on the Add to Cart button below.
Please use Paypal for this 3-Pay option for San Francisco, please click on the Buy Now button below.
Please use Paypal for this 6-Pay option for San Francisco, please click on the Buy Now button below.
MARCH 21-22, 2017 (REGISTRATION OPEN)
If you prefer to use Paypal for this 1-Pay option for New York, please click on the Add to Cart button below.
Please use Paypal for this 3-Pay option for New York, please click on the Buy Now button below.
Please use Paypal for this 6-Pay option for New York, please click on the Buy Now button below.
APRIL 5-6, 2017 (REGISTRATION OPEN)
If you prefer to use Paypal for this 1-Pay option for Florence, please click on the Add to Cart button below.
Please use Paypal for this 3-Pay option for Florence, please click on the Buy Now button below.
PLEASE use Paypal for this 6-Pay option for Florence, please click on the Buy Now button below.
CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
APRIL 11-12, 2017 (REGISTRATION OPEN)
If you prefer to use Paypal for this 1-Pay option for Cape Town, please click on the Add to Cart button below.
Please use Paypal for this 3-Pay option for Cape Town, please click on the Buy Now button below.
Please use Paypal for this 6-Pay option for Cape Town, please click on the Buy Now button below.